Friday, September 11, 2009

Dum dum dum....appointment day!

Today (9/11/09 - funny this was the start of it all 8 years ago!) was my first appointment day! I was nervous! I had little sleep, my mind would not shut off after last night. I thought about the first two weeks, the first month and what a year from now would look like. I fantasized about being happier with myself again and dare I say it...I let myself dream a little.

I got up excited to start my day! I was ready to be at the appointment with bells on. I arrived 10 mintues before my time, finally someone came out to greet me and check me in (they don't see patients on Friday's). I waited for a while past my time, but I knew a couple I met the night before was in there and I was excited for them as much as I was myself, and I even had the same excitment for my new friend (I knew she would be there after me, and I couldn't wait to share stories!)!!!

I was called back, I was so nervous! I had fasted all night and morning so I could do the blood work today and maybe secretively in my mind I thought maybe I would be a little lighter today. We went through my history, talked about the plan I would be on and then I was measured. After all that I had to pick the foods. GOODNESS! I was overwhelmed but hanging in there. My friend showed up and that helped a lot! We laughed and I made some choices on what would be my meals for breakfast and lunch. My friend and I made appointments back to back for 1 week from today and soon after she was called back to have her appointment. As I left she yells to me..."you better not miss your appointment!", I laughed and said "I will be here with bells on!!!".

It is really an incredible feeling to have someone you can talk to that is doing it also. Now granted she isn't a skinny girl in a fat chick by any means, but she still wants to go to her ideal weight and I applaud her for that. I mean come on...I am sure we all know how it feels no matter how much weight we are packing on us.

I went to the grocery store with a list of veggies I could have and bought them. I also have to have bread so I made a dark rye choice (not everyone gets to eat bread, pasta and such just so you know). I am not to happy with it either as it will slow my weight loss down, but I figure as I lose the weight maybe I can come off the stuff like most everyone else. Upon arriving at home I started packing up the veggies and salad to make it easy to just grab and eat etc. I am all about easy and quick!

Since it is so late in the day I decided I will start tomorrow fresh and new, but tonight I will not eat carbs, I will stick to a healthy selection just as if I was having started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment